Refund and Payment Policy For CiTi Career Training Programs
Program costs are due at the beginning of each new program unless other arrangements have been made. These may include a payment plan, approved agency funding, or approved private education loans. Program costs must be paid in full prior to the end date of the course.
1) Refunds, when due, will be made without requiring a request from the student.
2) Refunds, when due, will be made within 45 days of (1) the last date of attendance if written notification has been provided to CiTi by the student, or (2) from the date the CiTi terminates the student’s enrollment in the program or determines withdrawal by the student.
3) Refunds for classes cancelled by CiTi: • In the event that a class has to be cancelled students will be provided a refund of 100% of any associated tuition or fees. In these instances, refunds shall be issued to students within 45 days of the planned start date for the class.
4) Refunds for Students Who Withdraw On or Before the First Day of Class: • Students that withdraw on or before the first day of class will receive a refund of any tuition paid; the institution will only retain application fees (not to exceed $100). Appropriate refunds for a student who does not begin classes shall be made within 45 days of the class start date.
5) Refunds for Students Enrolled Prior to Visiting the Institution: • Students who have not visited the facility prior to enrollment will have the opportunity to withdraw without penalty (without incurring tuition charges) within three days following either attendance at a regularly scheduled orientation of following a tour of the facilities and inspection of the equipment.
6) Refunds for Withdrawal After Class commences:
TUITION AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE FOR COURSES OTHER THAN TITLE IV
Refunds and charges for all courses except Title IV courses will be determined per the following schedule:
1) Drop within first 10% of CiTi program………………………….90% REFUNDED and 10% due CiTi
2) Drop within first 20% of CiTi program………………………….70% REFUNDED and 30% due CiTi
3) Drop within first 25% of CiTi program………………………….50% REFUNDED and 50% due CiTi
4) Drop within first 50% of CiTi program………………………….25% REFUNDED and 75% due CiTi
5) Drop exceeding 50% of CiTi program…………………………..0% REFUNDED and 100% due CiTi
TUITION AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE FOR TITLE IV PROGRAMS (PRACTICAL NURSING, MEDICAL ASSISTANT,
DENTAL ASSISTANT AND AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY & SERVICES)
Refunds and charges for an enrollment period within a Title IV program will be determined per the following schedule:
1) Drop within first 10% of a payment period (either half of the program)…..90% refunded; 10% due CiTi
2) Drop within first 20% of a payment period (either half of the program)…..70% refunded; 30% due CiTi
3) Drop within first 25% of a payment period (either half of the program)…..50% refunded; 50% due CiTi
4) Drop within first 50% of a payment period (either half of the program)…..25% refunded; 75% due CiTi
5) Drop exceeding 50% of a payment period (either half of the program)…….0% refunded; 100% due CiTi
A percentage for refunds will be computed by taking the total number of course hours the program has been in session, compared to the total program hours possible. Only tuition is refundable. The cost of books, uniforms, and other miscellaneous items, are not refundable. Tuition refund checks take up to thirty days to process after a request is submitted. CiTi Adult Education Department does comply with Veterans Refund Policy, as well as all policies as set forth in Veterans Administration Circular 22-79-6, dated March 8, 1979, on file in the school office.
RETURN OF TITLE IV AID
Federal regulations governing the use of Title IV funds (student loans and Pell Grants) dictate how much of this type of aid a student has “earned” for the period of time attended. Any “unearned” Title IV funds must be returned to the Title IV program (i.e. loan program or Pell grant program). The amount of Title IV funds earned may not fully cover the institutional charges for the period of enrollment. In fact, the determination of the amount of Title IV funds that a student has earned has not relationship to a student’s actual institutional costs. A student needs to be aware that if they drop from a program, Title IV funds may have to be returned to a Title IV fund if they have not been “earned” and the student may owe the school money as a result of no longer having access to those funds. A student must pay the school the money owed for charges that are not covered by Title IV funds because the funds had to be returned. Funds are returned to the Title IV programs in the following order: 1) Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans, 2) Subsidized Stafford Loans, 3) Federal PLUS Loans, and 4) Federal Pell Grant.
SHORT TERM PROGRAMS
Refunds for Students Enrolled in Professional Development, Continuing Education, or Limited Contract Instruction: Each of CiTi’s Professional Development and Continuing Education Offerings (such as 5-hour pre-licensing course) as well as its industrial training contracts will have its own written refund policy according to the following schedule:
1) Drop more than 5 days prior to the start of class = 100% refunded.
2) Drop 3 or 4 days prior to the start of class = 50% refunded.
3) Drop less than 3 days prior to the start of class = 0% refunded.
CiTi is a candidate for accreditation with the Council on Occupational Education