Schoology is a learning management system (LMS) where teachers can engage students using a variety of devices (laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones, etc.).
Schoology allows administrators and teachers to generate meaningful professional development and collaboration experiences across departments, grade levels, school buildings and districts.
Schoology enhances the educational experience by integrating 21st century learning skills (communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity) with well-known social media aspects to create an engaging virtual environment.
Uses of Schoology
- Managing lessons and curriculum
- Posting and correcting assignments and quizzes
- Providing one-on-one remediation
- Hosting discussions
- Integrating flipped and blended learning
- Linking additional resources
- Contacting parents and students
- Developing professional learning communities
- Archiving content
- Never-ending possibilities
Free vs. Enterprise
Schoology Enterprise is the paid version of Schoology. The Enterprise version provides more control over accounts, access, and functionality.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- local password reset
- personalized domain for district
- workload planning
- setting mastery levels for learning targets
- video and audio recording
Oswego County Schoology Community group code: Z8NR4-9QK6P
The service is managed under the Center for Instruction, Technology & Innovation Co-Ser code-515.6360.200 (Common Learning Objective)
Base participation is required.
Jackie Hardesty 315.963.4303, Technology Project Manager, Instructional Technology department at the Center for Instruction, Technology & Innovation.