The CiTi Instructional Technology Support (ITS): Model Schools Program offers professional development and curriculum development for teachers to successfully integrate technology into the curriculum and classroom.
It is the mission of CiTi's ITS: Model Schools Team to facilitate the immersion of innovative pedagogies into the districts through supporting the students, administration, faculty, and staff of Oswego County. To achieve this mission, the team will collaborate with teachers and school administrators to:
- design lessons and develop instructional materials to meet the curricular needs of all learners;
- model effective instructional design using innovative technologies to support higher levels of learning;
- provide learning opportunities for embedded individualized learning to enhance classroom instruction; and
- examine emerging technologies in teaching and learning.
The Instructional Technology Support (ITS): Model Schools Program is designed to offer professional development and curriculum development for teachers to successfully integrate technology into the curriculum and classroom.
Basic service (517.000) includes:
- In-district days for instructional workshops (as scheduled with Coordinator, except on county-wide Superintendent’s Conference Days)
- On-site follow-up to training (model lessons, planning, problem-solving and coaching)
- Shared workshops between districts
- BOCES-led ITS: Model School Workshops
- Borrowing of Instructional Technology Equipment
- Technology Integration and assistance with Common Core Learning Standards
School districts that participate in CoSer 515 CLO (Common Learning Objectives) are required to participate in the Model Schools CoSer. 517.000.
Districts may purchase specialized software for presentations, hire outside consultants or specialized presenters, or additional professional development and curriculum services through the ITS Model Schools CoSer.
517.010 / 517.020 / 517.025 / 517.026
Itinerant Computer Education Specialists are 12 month employees who will facilitate the integration of instructional technology as a teaching tool, intervention tool, and assessment tool. ITS: Model Schools staff supports educators with instructional practices that strengthen student skills and proficiencies through the integration of technology.
Itinerant staff will help teachers implement research-based best practices in their classrooms to enhance learning through research, communication, and the use of an array of technology tools.
Districts may request additional staff on a per diem basis (517.010) or on an FTE basis: 517.015 (11-month) or 517.015 (12-month) for Elementary School, 517.020 (11-month) or 517.021 (12-month) for Middle School and 517.025 (11-month) or 517.026 (12-month) for High School. All services provide a link between districts and CiTi instructional technology department.
Aid is available for those districts paying professional development stipends for technology-related instruction.
Aid is available for substitute teachers for those teachers attending Model Schools Workshops.
The following is a list of the Model Schools Site Administrators for participating districts.
- James Heffron
Altmar-Parish-Williamstown School District
- Iraina Gerchman
Central Square Central Schools
- Dominick Lisi
Fulton City School District
- Mike Davis
Hannibal Central School District
- Steve Roux
Mexico Academy and Central Schools
- Jamie Sykut
Oswego City School District
- Nicole Covell
Phoenix Central School District
- Mike Davis
Pulaski Academy and Central Schools
- Chris Grieco
Sandy Creek Central Schools
- CiTi Program Administrators
- James Heffron