The New Vision Business program is designed for high school seniors interested in pursuing different careers in the business field. Students will participate in classroom instruction and career-related experiences observed during rotations in local businesses. These rotation sites will give students an overview of typical occupational experiences. The classroom setting is held on the SUNY Oswego campus, giving students their first experience as college students. Admission to this program is granted through an application and interview process.
1 year (seniors only)
American Red Cross - First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defi brillator (AED) - Adult, Child and Infant Standards
Participation in Government (1/2 credit per year)
Economics (1/2 credit per year)
English 12 (1 credit per year)
SUNY Oswego (English 101: Composition I, English 102: Composition II, PSY 100: Principles of Human Behavior, and GST 101: General Studies or AP Biology)
American Red Cross - First Aid, CPR and AED Adult Certifications
The admission process requires an application, recommendations, an on-demand writing sample and an interview.
• Be in grade 12 planning to graduate the same year enrolled in New Vision program;
• Have achieved an attendance rate of 90 percent or better;
• Possess an 85 percent (3.0) or better overall average;
• Be willing to adhere to school and work site codes of conduct; and
• Have a focused interest and plan to pursue a career in a business occupation.