Oswego County P-TECH
Oswego County Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH)
Did you know you can graduate from high school with a Regents Diploma and an Associate in Applied Science Degree? Oswego County P-TECH combines the best elements of high school, college and work-based learning, empowering students to pursue an advanced education and to be financially successful in the global economy.
IMAGINE… a high school without a bell schedule, no rows of desk or long lectures. Imagine a technology-rich school, where YOU create your own pathway to success through project-based classes, workplace mentorship and real-world experience. P-TECH is a student-centered school where learning is relevant and high-interest, where YOUR curiosity is sparked and diversity is celebrated every day. Are YOU this type of student?
Who is the P-TECH program for? This program is open to incoming ninth-graders who are eager to acquire the skills necessary to earn a college degree and to compete in a highly competitive work force. P-TECH serves students from diverse and dynamic communities who are willing to commit themselves to a rigorous academic and career-readiness program. Students will learn essential 21st Century skills such as collaboration, problem solving and critical thinking. Though no test is required for admission, a designated amount of students will be admitted each year based.
What does a P-TECH student look like? A student who will succeed in P-TECH is motivated to learn in new and exciting ways, and thrives in a non-traditional classroom setting.
- Are interested in working Oswego County region industries, in fields focused on Advanced Manufacturing
- Have interest in, and capacity for real-world applications of math, science and technology
- Have interest in design and engineering; understanding “how things work”
- Work well in a collaborative team environment and enjoy learning with their peers
- Are able to persist to solve a problem or complete a project
How P-TECH benefits students:
Each Oswego County P-TECH student receives:
- A rigorous, relevant and cost-free education focused on the knowledge and skills students need for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) careers;
- Workplace learning that includes ongoing mentoring by professionals in the chosen career sector, worksite visits, speakers and internships;
- Intensive, individualized academic support by K=12 and college faculty within an extended academic year or school day that enables students to progress through the program at their own pace;
- An opportunity to earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree from Onondaga Community College that is the industry standard for targeted jobs in a high-tech field.
Connect with Oswego County P-TECH on social media