Entry Level Driver Training - CDL-A (Tractor Trailer)
In this Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration approved, entry-level driver training program, students will participate in classroom theory and maneuvers, and tractor trailer training in driving safely, pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection, basic control of the vehicle, managing space and speed, spotting hazards and emergencies, skid control and recovery, transporting cargo safely, air brake operation and combination vehicles. Students will participate in road training in the following areas: backing up, parallel parking and docking, city driving, road driving and drop and hook. After students complete their training, they schedule a road test which is reimbursable through CiTi after the student has completed the program. Students who successfully complete the program will receive a CiTi Certificate of Completion.
- SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) Code: 53-3032
- U.S. Department of Labor: www.bls.gov/SOC
- Currently not a COE approved program
- Completed application
- Achieve Reading score of 576 and math score of 596 on Level D of the TABE exame
- 21 years of age
- Driving abstract prior to starting the class
- Pass a DOT physical and drug test
- Possession of a CLD Learner's Permit
Program Length: 100 hours (52 classroom theory, 48 behind the wheel)
Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 4:30-8:30 p.m.
Location: CiTi Campus, 179 County Rt 64, Mexico, NY 13114
Start Date: Fall
Taught by: Nick Marshall
Average Salary*: $45,570
*According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
This is currently not a COE-approved program.