Entry Level Driver Training - CDL-B (Dump Truck)
In this beginner’s program, students will participate in classroom theory and dump truck training in driving safely, pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection, basic control of the vehicle, managing space and speed, spotting hazards and emergencies, skid control and recovery and transporting cargo safely. CDL-B classroom hours also include air brakes. Students will participate in road training. After students complete their training, they schedule a road test which is reimbursable through CiTi after the student has completed the program. Students who successfully complete the program will receive a CiTi Certificate of Completion.
- SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) Code: 53-3032
- U.S. Department of Labor: www.bls.gov/SOC
- Currently not a COE approved program
- Completed application
- Achieve Reading 9 and Math 9 on Level D of the TABE exam
- Driving abstract prior to starting the class
- Once a student has applied and secured funding, he/she must pass a physical and drug test
- Possession of a CLD Learner's Permit
Program Length: 100 hours (52 classroom theory, 48 hours behind the wheel)
Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 4:30-8:30 p.m.
Location: CiTi Campus, 179 County Rt 64, Mexico, NY 13114
Start Date: Fall
Taught by: Nick Marshall
Average Salary*: $40,560
*According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
This is currently not a COE-approved program.