Heavy Equipment Maintenance & Operation (HEMO)
The program is presented in four modules: Wheel Loaders, Excavators, Dozers and Backhoe Loaders. Training includes: classroom and simulators, equipment identification, maintenance and tools. Students will also learn basic site setup, equipment operating techniques and safe equipment loading and transporting. Students practice using state-of-the-art equipment. Upon successful completion, students will be issued a CiTi Certificate of Completion.
- SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) Code: 47-2073
- U.S. Department of Labor: www.bls.gov/SOC
- Currently not a COE approved program
- Completed application
- Achieve Reading 9 and Math 9 on Level D of the TABE exam
- Students must provide their own steel toe work boots
- Pass a DOT physical and drug test
Program Length: 100 hours
Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 4:30-8:30 p.m.
Location: CiTi Campus, 179 County Rt 64, Mexico, NY 13114
Start Date: Spring
Taught by: Nick Marshall
Average Salary*: $50,320
*According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
This is currently not a COE-approved program.